Saturday, November 06, 2010

Wedding at the AGO



With the D700 body back in my camera kit after a week and a half at Nikon I thought today would be a breeze to shoot. This all went out the window when I realized my 28-70mm lens was acting up. While doing some test photos in front of the church, I had gotten there early, I noticed the aperture in the lens wasn't closing down to f22. It was sticking at a larger opening. This threw off the camera's ability to properly take a light reading. A lot of my photos were coming out over exposed.

Ugh, and I just got it back from Nikon for the focusing issue.

Luckily I had my 50mm f1.4, and my 70-200mm f2.8, and for the really wide shots my 10.5mm DX lens. While it wasn't the same range I would make do with those lenses. I really didn't have much of a choice. They would have to work out.




The advantage of using primes is that you get a sharper image in general and generally the focus is much faster. The ended up being great for taking those candid photos.



I have to thank Melanie for giving this gig. Not only did it put much needed money in my pocket but it was a lot of fun to photograph. Better than staying home on a saturday night watching TV.

No comments: