Monday, March 29, 2010

First day of work


A cold wet College street

I woke up early to go to work today. It was raining. By the time I got out of the house it was 5am. The sun hadn't come up yet. For all intensive purposes it was still night. It was wet and cold and I was making my way over to the Sutton Place hotel at Bay and Wellesley or there abouts. It would be in front of a garbage bin that I would be picked up by Harrison (the visual effects coordinator) and driven out to Stouffville for my first day working on The Thing. I didn't forget what I was working on. It's not something, it's the Thing as in a movie like the John Carpenter's Thing from the 80s.


Parking Lot

There's an interesting thing about morning outings. Maybe it's the light, the lack of people, maybe the water washed all over the roads. Makes for some great photos. I didn't have a lot of time to soak up the surroundings (I realize that that was a bad pun) as I had to make my way across town.


The Timmy's across the street from the garbage bin

No comments: