Friday, August 07, 2009

Roller Derby 1, Wedding 0


Lisa is getting married August 15th, 2009

This is Lisa. I've known her since way back while taking applied computer science. We first met, really met, when she went to punch a guy named Andrew in the gut. Only he wasn't there. I was. I dropped like a sack of potatoes. We've been friends ever since.

Lisa is getting married on the 15th of august of this year. It's too bad I didn't know about this back in April/May when the roller derby schedule came out. I could have gone. The wedding conflicts with Hammer City's first WFTDA game against Montreal. The first All-Canadian WFTDA bout ever.

Short of death in the family there's no way I'd miss that game. Truth be told it would really depend on what family members died as well. Attending funerals has never been my priority. If you can't make time for them when they're alive then why make time for them when they've passed away? Okay granted, being there for the survivors might be a good thing.

And so I spent today with Lisa enjoying lunch in lieu of going to her wedding. We ended up at the vegetarian restaurant King's Cafe on Augusta.

No comments: