Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Seems a bit cloudy


Some rock art

Went to the beach today to do a photo test shooting clouds. I wanted to do a time lapse sequence for James. He needs a background for a film he's working on. I had some spare time and I also wanted to try out the niffy Nikon MC-36. It's a shutter release cable with a timer built in. I've used it mainly as a standard shutter release cable to trigger the camera but never as a timer and since it usually collects dust on a shelf I figured this would be a good time as any to see if it works.

I climbed a vacant life guard stand and set up my tripod so I could see the lake without people's heads getting in the way. I even brought a book to read ("A long way down" by Nick Hornby). Sitting in one spot for a few hours can get boring if you don't plan it right.


Not so much art but a dead gull surrounded by rocks

As the clouds started to dissipate it also started getting cold. I decided to pack up the gear and go home. On the way I noticed some rock art. The heart, and then a couple of steps away was a dead bird surrounded by rocks. Was that art too?

No comments: