Friday, June 13, 2008

It's been how long?


Charles... alive and well.

It's been over four years since I last saw Charles. Due to events that occurred and that fact that I had the wrong phone number that gave me a "This phone number is not in service", I thought he had died. Then out of the blue, a few days ago, I got a message on facebook.

We met up today and caught up over lunch. Turns out Charles is not only alive and well, he's married.

Today I also met up with Rick, another person I've haven't seen in quite a while. Although I do keep in touch through facebook and have bumped into him on the street recently. We met up for dinner. Rick had helped me out with my latest computer problems and I wanted say thanks by taking him out for food.

My computer was crashing quite a bit. After a lot of experimentation and sleepless nights I had found that the RAM had fried in the computer due to the increase in heat in the apartment. The RAM was faulty (as other machines in the apartment worked fine) and once I replaced the RAM with older 512meg sticks the machine worked fine.

Rick had been emailing me through facebook throwing out suggestions of what it might be. When he suggested the RAM it all fell into place. After all I hadn't upgraded the machine since the last project and the room was a lot cooler back then. I hate it when computers crash and was pretty relieved once the computer was back online.


Rick enjoys some fatty Starbucks drink.

1 comment:

Rick Dolishny said...

Great blog post Derek. You could have alternatively titled it, "Guys who aren't dead yet".

You should know I'm using this new pic as my Facebook profile picture violating their TOS and your copyright... but I hope it's OK with you! :)