Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's all about the Hors d'Oeuvres


Apples with sliced cheese

I went to a birthday party for a guy that I've only met by going to his birthday party. This year however I actually had a present for him. It was a CD with a nuch of pictures from his birthday party last year. What an ingenious angle. Taking pictures this year I now have a present for next year.

As a friend of Emmanuel, Greg (the birthday and gift recipient) invited a bunch of friends who in turn were allowed to invite a bunch of their friends. The turnout was incredible. Lots of people from various backgrounds all knowing or knowing of Greg.

We had arrived early-ish, the party started at 9pm and we got there around 10pm. Things were just starting to pick up. I noticed the apple cheese slices on the table and thought "Wow, nice presentation. Simple but effective and great for us lazy people that don't like to cut our own cheese."


The apple cheese girl

I suppose hanging out in front of the apple cheese dish started to make me stand out, especially after pulling out the camera and taking pictures. I'll admit it, food fascinates me. The girl putting together all the food noticed and started asking me if I was going to take pictures of the other dishes.

I've totally blanked out on her name... Jessica? D'oh! Too many people, not enough brain cells. She will be referred to as the apple and cheese girl. Very nice and very photogenic. If you're reading this... thanks for the food and the posing.


Emmanuel soaks in the party

Meanwhile in the quiet of the coat room, aka the bedroom, I wondered in to find Emmanuel talking to someone while lying down next to the cat. The bedroom was a lot quieter than the rest of the packed apartment. Like the eye of a storm. Probably why the cat took refuge here.


A meatball martini

It was nice to get out and meet new people. I should be doing this more often.


Happy Birthday Greg!

No comments: