Monday, February 26, 2007

That new car smell

Early this morning I found myself looking at the ceiling from my bed while trying to go to sleep but not being able to so. For some reason, and I'm not really sure why, I had been thinking about why new cars have that smell, kind of like new shoes. I have no idea how the question was put into my mind. I don't have a car nor do I wish to buy one (at least not for the time being).

With the help of the world wide web and the laptop next to my head I surfed around and found this article on Wikipedia.

To summarize the new car smell is created by various glues and plastics still freshly put together. They emit the order that creates the new car smell. As nice as it smells it's actually quite toxic and harmful to you. The article recommends driving around with the windows open for a few months to let the car air out.

With this knowledge I could finally fall asleep.

1 comment:

Sock Monty said...

I hate new car smell, it is bad stuff and it smells bad.