Monday, February 05, 2007

The Humbert Files - Day Five


Cold today and the rest of the week.


Humbert as of Monday (today)

Humbert pictured here with today's paper is an example of watching too many police TV shows /movies where some little girl is taken hostage. The kidnappers, in order to prove that the girl is still alive shoot a video with the girl and the current newspaper. They send the footage to the freaked out father that doesn't know what to do, the weeping mother who usually says "They've got my baby"and the police officer who's usually around to listen in on the other phone extension (probably dirty Harry as I loved watching those films). Who says you don't learn anything from movies?

So yes, Rick, Sabrina, as of today your cat is doing well. Humbert actually seems better today than yesterday. More alert. Although I did step in a pile of cat barf which in turn stained my sock. Eeeuw.

In other news it turns out that Zee managed to buy WoW (World of Warcraft) thanks to my salesmanship talents at the lunch this last weekend. You'd think I'd get a cut from Blizzard to hook friends? Crack dealers usually give free samples to the "friend" to encourage more help in getting others to "sign up". I guess this is where TV and movies differ from real life.


Zee, the Warcraft newbie (sorry Juley).

2 comments:

theotherbear said...

And just like with Amway you need to pass on a percentage of your profits to John, who got YOU on the stupid game in the first place.

BagelHot said...

I find it ironic that John is located half way around the world from me here in Toronto and in Warcraft Glynnoch is half way around the world from Toastie (who by the way is level 18 now - woo woo).