Friday, December 29, 2006

Congee Queen


New menus at the Congee Queen

If you have found that there seems to be a theme of eating this week then you're right. I've been pretty much keeping to myself for the most part only popping out to grab food with friends. So much for the saving money and eating at home. I've pretty much fallen of the wagon this week.

Today was no exception. For dinner, Marc and I travelled up to Don Mills and Lawerence and one block west to eat at the Congee Queen. I had visited this place before, usually with my grand mother (father's side). The congee is great here. There's a whole menu of various flavours. Usually I'll order the salmon or the pork with "golden egg", I've always wondered what kind of egg the "gold egg" was.

If you're not into congee, the other dishes they have have pretty large portions. This made a great choice for stuffing your face and forgetting about the rest of the world.

No comments: