Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fashionably Late


Juliet changes shoes

I raced down to the Ultra Supper Club after doing a day of video installation for Re-Genesis season 3 and dropping off my kit of tools at home. The cab ride cost me $15.00 but I managed to get there at 10:20pm. Ten minutes before I was supposed to meet Juliet (the editor for Juicystuff.ca).

The odd thing about the Ultra club is that the line up to get in really isn't a line up. It's more like a small mob of people bunched up at a roped off barrier watched over by bouncer security guard types. I had waited for 40 minutes about fifteen minutes past the window Juliet was to show up in. What is it with people that say they'll show up at a specific time and not show up?

At 11pm I decided to go into the club to start checking out the space for a good place to shoot the fashion show. The patio was a lot busier than last night. I wondered where the runway would be.

After asking around I found out the fashion show started at 10pm and was already over. F@*#, not only was I standing around outside for nothing I had bad intel. Now there are times when people do make mistakes (including me) but I was pretty pissed off. I think it was mainly due to making my way out and paying $15 for a cab.


Steve (human) and Abigail(dog) perform at the Osgoode station

Juliet showed up around 11:15 and we ended up going to the Queen Mother for food then eventually home via the subway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.