Monday, April 10, 2006

When Pets Attack


Juliet's cat waits to pounce onto the unsuspecting victim's lap.

Today's interaction with the animals started upon arriving home. I walked into the backyard today to get to my apartment and surprised one of the neighbor's dogs. They have three. An excitable shy dog, a bitey dog, and a happy friendly blind dog. The bitey dog jumped up and bit me in the leg probably thinking I was attacking the shy dog. It left once the blind dog gave me the okay by walking up to me and barking a single "woof", wagging it's tail, then wandering away.

I didn't really give it much thought until I sat down in front of the computer and noticed a small hole in my jeans. Upon further inspection my leg had a small bruise with some amount of puncturing. It looked odd, like only one part of the jaw, the upper part, bit into me with the lower part not really doing anything. I disinfected the wound with some rubbing alcohol.

Later on in the evening I went over to Juliet's place. She has three cats. Very affectionate, hair shedding cats. One of them (pictured above) jumped into my lap moments after sitting down. After a few minutes of petting I noticed my hand had a clump of fur as well as my shirt and pants. By the time I left the house I was wheezing for air.

So what does all this mean? It was a slow day today for blogging and the only pictures I took were of the cat and my bruise. Since the bruise is uninteresting (at least from a photography stand point) I opted for the cat picture.

No comments: