Thursday, October 06, 2005

Under Construction


Under Construction

Thanks to a nasty little computer virus I received about two weeks ago I have (since then) been trying to restore my machine to the way it was. The biggest problem being the reading of certain data DVDs and restoring the fat table for my photo hard drive.

As of today my computer is almost back to what is was. I just have to reinstall a bunch of programs. Luckily though I have made a data DVD that contains all the software I have bought over the years and the drivers from the various hardware. I have slowly found over the years using computers that I tend to loose those little slips of paper with the serial number / registration number on them. To solve this I have started to scan in the numbers or type them in, then burn them to DVD or CD with the actual software. That way if I have to reinstall I don't have to find that paper, the number is right there with the program.

No comments: