Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Bright Pearl


What's more Canadian then a cup of lycee?

Michelle and I went to Rol San for dim sum today only to find that it was packed as usual. We ended up going across the street to the big yellow haunted place with lion statues out front, the Bright Pearl. Yes I did say haunted as in ghosts and what not. I've heard this story here and there from various people. I've personally never seen a ghost and really haven't done the research on the building to know why the ghosts are appearing. But there were a bunch of years that went by where the building was not used for anything.

After getting a table we noticed flyers telling the origins of dim sum with pictures of samples. The food in the pictures were lit from one direction using diffuse lighting. My photo brain at work. I suppose the Bright Pearl was trying to cater to the tourist crowd. The service was pretty incredible. I was emptying my can of coke into my glass. As soon as I felt the can being empty there was the hand of the waiter hovering over it to take it away.

Not the cheapest place to eat as our bill came to about $50 after tax but the food was good and we were pretty full when we left.

No comments: