Thursday, February 10, 2005

Down time

A few days ago I noticed that all my socks, all my socks, over twenty pairs have holes in them. I took this as a sign that maybe I should get some new socks and retire the old ones. Then I got this cold thing. I've been perpetually dizzy for the last 48 hours and everything has a yellow cast to it. All food tastes bland and it tastes like something died in my mouth and no amount of toothpaste will get rid of it. My inner rib cage feels like it's bruised and my back is sore from sleeping to much.

I had to give up some work tomorrow as I don't think I'll be able to walk properly let alone stand on pipes while dragging cable. Being this sick really makes me appreciate the days that I'm not sick and that line "At least you've got your health." has a certain credibility.

I forced myself to go outside today, to get some fresh air and some new socks.

1 comment:

Wade Marshall said...

I hope you're not using your poor health as an excuse for not submitting a visual piece with this blog entry. This is far below the standard we have all come to expect at bagelhot, and hope it's simply a one-time occurance.